September 19, 2014, 02:51:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The best way to love ourselves according to the Buddha is by loving others.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese/Chinese Buddhist Astrology  (Read 1231 times)
Zenji

View Profile Email
« on: November 17, 2009, 03:51:22 PM »

Hi all!

While browsing through one of my favourite sites, I found this page, which talks about the Japanese/Chinese Buddhist astrology.

I have several questions about this:  Does this teaching (or even astrology in general) exist in Tibetan Buddhism, or is this strictly Chinese/Japanese?  Further, if it is not an acceptable teaching in Tibetan Buddhism, why?  Also, are there any correlations between the 28 star deities and any of the deities in Tibetan Buddhism?  I've gone through the  lists, and none of the Sanskrit names seem familiar to me.

I do know from my limited knowledge that these systems were used extensively by the court astrologers (e.g. Abe No Seimei) for the Tsuchimikado family in Japan, I just wonder if they exist outside of Japan and China.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:53:50 PM by Zenji » Logged

Thayata: gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate bodhi soha
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 09:10:47 AM »

tibet uses the same astrological system as the chinese.

If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind." ~Buddha
alien

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 07:14:10 AM »

I hate astrology and fengshui masters!!!!!especially the chinese fengshui mastersss....they out to make money and they think they are masters can write anything rubbish to threaten other peoples life to make money for their personal gains...they twist and write stupid bazi astrology to convince people they are great.....they are irresponsible human beings.......dont be fool by these stupid masters ...but then many of them have nothing to do have a kind heart manipulated by them....can you ask rinpoche to teach them a lessons......
Zenji

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 10:53:14 AM »

Fungsui, if I'm not mistaken, is based on the I Ching which comes from Taoist literature... In your other posts, you claim to pray to taoist deities.... Why this sudden turnaround?

Back to the original question:  Of the 28 celestial deities, are any of them emanations of Avalokitesvara, Manjusri, or Tara?  Or are all of them?  The text provided doesn't make it exceptionally clear.

Thayata: gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate bodhi soha
Lama123

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 09:17:38 AM »

taoism text is very rare....but i can provide you which text is important soon....i heard alien dun like chinese bazi astrology...i totally agree with alien...these chinese fengshui masters really irresponsible and sucks....especially those talk rubbish during seminar to earn money....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: