October 24, 2014, 03:17:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The best way to love ourselves according to the Buddha is by loving others.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is our Stomach Graveyard for Animals  (Read 1292 times)
wmw111
Administrator

wmw113@hotmail.com wmw111.rm
View Profile Email
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »

I over heard several chinese mahayanists speaking about this.
Seems a bit direct and rude but it is the truth if we eat meat , think about .

'Fear is the absolute confusion between you and your projections'

'You are very preoccupied with getting what you want, so you will fail to see what is'

~ Chogyam Trungpa ~
GonzoEnder

Deftones - "White Pony" Album cover.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 04:32:38 PM »

In my experience, it sure feels like it.

If you, for example, are a full vegetarian and somebody makes you eat a yucky double cheeseburger. I bet my bottom dollar you will feel that meat moving through you all the way until it comes out the other side!

Damn it... I'm such a sick puppy. I want a double cheeseburger now. I am vegetarian 5 days a week. I have been creeping the number of days upwards since January 2010. Usually I only eat meat at all if there isn't anything else around, since my family members eat it.

"Hip means to know;
It's a form of intelligence;
to be hip is to be update and relevant.
Hop is a form of movement
You can't just observe a hop, you gotta hop up and do it.
Hip and Hop is more than music. Hip is the knowledge. Hop is the movement."
KRS-ONE & Marley Marl "Hip Hop Lives"
wmw111
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 09:32:54 PM »

Contemplate how you will feel if you were raised for food. Imagine if you were a domestic animal raised for meat.

'You are very preoccupied with getting what you want, so you will fail to see what is'

~ Chogyam Trungpa ~
Crazywisdom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 12:46:49 PM »

I have been veg since i took Rinpoche's pledge last year some time, except for Christmas dinner with my family and a few other times when friends have forgotten and bought me food with some meat in. Oh and a had a cheese burger when i was  at a show and there was little else to choose from.
I didn't really notice any difference when eating meat, but maybe i didn't think about it much as i was doing it, i don't like walking down the meat isle in the supermarket now, so that has changed ( i mean its not something i used to look forward to or anything but now it just make me feel a little sad and a little repulsed at all the death and the lack of perception thereof by the other shoppers).

Jon Smiley

more arsehat that arhat ;-)
pummy369

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 07:14:41 AM »

Oh God.  Maybe now I will never get that thought out of my head when staring at a slice of meat pie on my plate.  I have to be so disconnected from my food if I eat meat.  I don't think it's enough to say that I didn't buy it, or ask for it or order it.  I should take a stronger stance.  I love animals and yet, sometimes, I eat them.  That's so sad.  

Around here you see big trucks going past on the highway, stuffed with livestock and rancid with the stink of urine and fear.  I can't look.  I can't think about them all on that truck because I won't be able to drive home.  I am trying to bury my head in the sand about it because sometimes it's just difficult to be really hard-core vego.   Don't let me get away with that.   There's so much criticism too.  If you are too srtict, people get the shits with you and if you are at times flexible, people try to expose you as a hypocrite (can't spell that and too tired to check it).  Ar-r-rg-h!  I don't want to make life difficult for others with my food preferences but also I hate to be questioned about my commitment.  It is so much easier not to be vego at all.  But those trucks...  And what about the carnage in my belly?  What kind of an energy am I for others, if my flesh is made from death?

"It takes a wise man to understand that strength lies in a gentle hand."~Mary Ann Kennedy
GonzoEnder

Deftones - "White Pony" Album cover.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:43:55 PM »

Wonderful post, Pummy. That sums up the struggle that we all face, when turning against the world at large and becoming vegetarian, or Vegan.

I have an old friend who is severely lactose intolerant. He was forced to become Vegan or suffer severe allergic pain. Was he, in reality, blessed, or cursed?

Think on that one!

My personal opinion: He is very blessed.

"Hip means to know;
It's a form of intelligence;
to be hip is to be update and relevant.
Hop is a form of movement
You can't just observe a hop, you gotta hop up and do it.
Hip and Hop is more than music. Hip is the knowledge. Hop is the movement."
KRS-ONE & Marley Marl "Hip Hop Lives"
wmw111
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 06:49:23 AM »

Do check out the Animal posts and videos on Rinpoche's blog
http://blog.tsemtulku.com/
It will help you a lot Smiley

~ Chogyam Trungpa ~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: