I have a little jack russel, not sure how old she is but i guess around 7, she has lived with us for 5 years or so
I don't know much about her first owner but was told he was quite abusive, her second owner was a friend of my Dads from his Quaker meeting, she got Gina from one or those animal rescue shelters for company as she lives alone. But after a while she decided she could not cope with Gina and her issues, she is a very nervous little dog, frightened of noises, people, other dogs, doors!, sometimes even the kitchen floor (has to be carried over it!), thunder/fireworks, etc
So my fathers friend confided in him that she couldn't cope anymore but also could not face sending Gine back to the rescue shelter and so had decided to dose her with some sleeping pills and put her in a plastic bag to suffocate
Luckily she agreeded to let us take her on instead and Gina has lived here since. I am sat with her now on my bed as there are some fireworks being set off here and sat here is where she felt safe. Her companion dog Raymond died a few weeks back and she has regressed a bit, but she is much better than when we got her. I am doing more stuff with her now like taking her out in the van to visit our horses, just trying to push her comfort zone a bit, i read recently that agility training is good for confidence in dogs so that is something i am thinking about.
She is my one attachment