October 24, 2014, 04:48:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The best way to love ourselves according to the Buddha is by loving others.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: People that harm us by not fufilling their duties  (Read 2544 times)
SharpPudding
« on: January 08, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »

I have an issue with someone who I used to work for. She used to be nice, but recently I had to contact her for some paperwork and she had a attitude. I think she intentionally influenced something important for me to fail by giving false information. My practices over the next year hinge on having enough money and this was a large waste of time for me since it has failed. Should I contact a agency to cause her great harm for botching tax records and attempt to correct this, or should I simply invest more time in other ways to secure myself financially?

There is anger towards her right now, so I am obligated to not act unless I have a ethical and irrefutable basis to act or anger passes and I have a reason to act.
SharpPudding
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 05:52:27 PM »

I don't think I will act,.. this is clearly a distortion,.. I am clearly under the influence of an afflictive emotion and this is not such a heavy issue that I should exhaust myself sending harm her way. I have much better things to do.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 08:59:27 PM »

well maybe perhaps you asked her in a way that peeved her off on that day. Try a different approach...and ultimately there's no reason for the anger as the cause stems from incorrect communication...

If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind." ~Buddha
wmw111
Administrator

wmw113@hotmail.com wmw111.rm
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 04:10:21 AM »

If we know cause and effect we would know, that person did not come about due to no causes. And who created the causes ?

You should thank her for manifesting negative karma for you to endure while you are in a human form. Imagine you experiencing the same karma in one of the lower realms?

'Fear is the absolute confusion between you and your projections'

'You are very preoccupied with getting what you want, so you will fail to see what is'

~ Chogyam Trungpa ~
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »

If we know cause and effect we would know, that person did not come about due to no causes. And who created the causes ?

You should thank her for manifesting negative karma for you to endure while you are in a human form. Imagine you experiencing the same karma in one of the lower realms?

oooh that is a much more fun way to see unhappy situations as!

If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind." ~Buddha
ethanhoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:03:13 AM »

oooh that is a much more fun way to see unhappy situations as!

Yup. But it also need a lot of practice and have a great amount of patience. But in the end will be worth the effort.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: