April 17, 2014, 08:08:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The best way to love ourselves according to the Buddha is by loving others.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New books!  (Read 736 times)
Zenji

View Profile Email
« on: January 12, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »

I've finally started to increase my dharma text collection, and just received 3 books I ordered online: Atisha's Lamp to the Path of Enlightenment (Lamrim in Tibetan) commentary by Geshe Sonam Rinchen, Eight Verses for Training the Mind, also by Geshe Sonam Rinchen, and Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand, by Pabongka Rinpoche.  A week or two ago, I also got a nice translation of the Dhammapada, which, subject to debate, are verses as spoken by Lord Buddha.

I was surprised to see the size of Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand.   It's quite literally, everything you need to know about Buddhism (at least from what I gather glancing through it.)  I'm so excited to start reading, I think I'll start... right now!

Thayata: gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate bodhi soha
Ivy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:57:48 PM »

I just received "Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand" in the mail today and am just starting to read it Grin  So exciting!
Zenji

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:41:15 AM »

=D I just started reading it as well... haven't made it very far yet, but I'm gonna change that today.

Ivy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »

I got through 40 pages or so today, which is pretty good seeing as I didn't have much time to read...
On first glance, it reads much easier than I thought  it would.  I still am left with many questions though...
wmw111
Administrator

wmw113@hotmail.com wmw111.rm
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 01:15:54 AM »

The Lam Rim contains the essence of all the teachings spoken by Buddha Shakyamuni.
Its a manual to lead one to enlightenment. It is also meant to be read over and over again.
It will be very good if one can meditate on it as well.

'Fear is the absolute confusion between you and your projections'

'You are very preoccupied with getting what you want, so you will fail to see what is'

~ Chogyam Trungpa ~
SharpPudding
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 12:18:40 PM »

Read over and over again is right haha, I keep having to go over it haha.  And then maybe I'm not going over the Lam Rim specifically, but going over books that are basically just selected sections of the Lam Rim.
Zenji

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 01:27:52 PM »

I find it incredibly useful to have the source text (The Lamp, written by Atisha) as well as the commentaries (Liberation, and the one included with the copy of The Lamp by Geshe Sonam Rinpoche).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: