October 31, 2014, 10:13:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The best way to love ourselves according to the Buddha is by loving others.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meeting Rinpoche  (Read 2152 times)
Paris
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:01:25 AM »

Hey guys,
I'm just wondering how everyone was first connected to H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche / Kechara? I'm always interested to know because everyone has a different story to tell, and we all come from very different places and backgrounds, so meeting Rinpoche has many different meanings for each of us. This is as much about us as individuals, as well as about the many diverse and skilful means of Rinpoche in bringing Dharma to people everywhere. It's a fascinating topic Smiley

Do share! How has meeting Rinpoche changed things for you (if indeed it has?)? How has it inspired you? What do you value and love most about Rinpoche's teachings? And more importantly, what are you doing now that's different?

goat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »

I found out about Rinpoche from youtube. i think in early 07. I like his regular guy attitude and being around here has let me learn some Buddhist info  but mostly it has pushed me toward more reflection on myself..a more relaxed person.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
Paris
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »

that's great to hear Goat, thanks for your sharing. I think this is the whole point of any and all of Rinpoche's teachings - to inspire us to reflect upon ourselves and effect some change for the positive. When we learn to transform our minds and lessen the negative qualities in our minds, this is the greatest way we can return the kindness of our teachers. It is the best offering we can make.
goat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 09:59:17 PM »

I am glad to see you posting Paris..thank you.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:50:30 PM »

Hi Jamie,

I feel very happy for you that you are finally around the forums.

I met Rinpoche through you in a way when my dad read the article you wrote about Rinpoche  back in 2006 was published, he asked me to read it, and when i searched for Rinpoche on youtube, i realize what he said matches what i always felt about the Dharma. I was well versed in both the theravardan and mahayana scriptures but i always felt that part of it was missing. And Rinpoche sometimes re-interpreted these teachings but with the missing angle in place. This made me realize that Rinpoche was the real deal. So that was when i've decided that I will help Rinpoche do Dharma work because his teachings need to reach out to as many people as possible.

If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind." ~Buddha
unofficialsamurai

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 04:55:14 AM »

I came across Rinpoche's videos when I was looking for information about malas.  I had just come from a talk given by H.H the Dalai Lama at Hunter college and wanted to know more about Tibetan Buddhism.  When I google Malas(or something like that) Rinpoche's video "all about malas" came up.  So I decided to watch it, first I thought he was just another spiritual person who acts like he knew everything(since that is what I was exposed to up till that time) but as I kept watching I noticed he wasn't at all like them.  So, I began to watch more and more, and it has helped me tremendously.  It helped me become more forgiving, less angry, and less depressed! Although I know I still have a long way to go, I thank Rinpoche for all he has helped and will continue to help me with his teachings. 

With folded hands I bow.

Rafael
Crazywisdom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »

Hi Jamie,

I first found Rinpoche on youtube, here was someone who wasn't the usual stuffy and condeming person i associated with religion, i have watched his students grow from affar and grown myself too, though i think my expectations for myself has grown quicker than the improvement leading in my case to a sense of dissatisfaction with myself, though if i reflect on how i am now and how i was i can see such a great improvement, i just don't feel it though. I hope one day my expectations and view of my self will become more realistic.

Jon  Smiley

more arsehat that arhat ;-)
studyreligions

With Venerable Geshe Phuntsok Gyaltsen _/\_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 12:29:33 AM »

This post is old but I'm going to respond to it anyways!

My story begins with Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen. Geshe-la gave a talk at Cal State Long Beach, where I was going at the time, and I ended up going to Thubten Dhargye Ling and going for refuge with Geshe-la in 2006. Around late 2006 or early 2007, I looked up Geshe-la on google and I found that he was listed as one of Tsem Rinpoche's gurus. I didn't listen to Rinpoche's teachings yet, so I was like, oh he has the same Guru as I do. Then I went on youtube and found some of Rinpoche's talks. I forgot which exact one I listened to first, but all I remember was that it was hilarious! Then I realized that this Rinpoche was the same Rinpoche that had Geshe-la as his Guru. That made me feel a connection with Rinpoche that I was going to the same center he went to when he was in the U.S. and that he had the same Guru. Ever since then I've been following Rinpoche's videos and blog off and on, just like my practice. >.<

Rinpoche's teachings have helped me gain more understanding in the teachings of my other Guru's, whom I have had the fortune to sit at their feet and receive teachings in person. I wish I could receive teachings from Rinpoche in person as well, but I have found that he always says that he teaches so that when we meet our own Gurus we will be better prepared, and that is exactly what Rinpoche has done for me. He has increased my faith and trust in Gurus such as His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Geshe-la and Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. Without Tsem Rinpoche, I wouldn't know how great Kyabje Zong Rinpoche was and is, and I have had the great fortune to recently meet him in his current emanation and to actually know how important that was for my practice and life. From Rinpoche and my other Guru's, I have learned that the Guru is the pith of the path.

Myself meeting Kyabje Zong Rinpoche.

"I was 18 years old in Los Angeles when I first laid my unworthy eyes upon the holy presence and form of His Holiness Kyabje Zong Rinpoche….I had no doubts until today I met Heruka himself." ~ Tsem Rinpoche

So yes. Increase in my Guru devotion. Thank you Rinpoche. _/\_
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:59:35 AM by studyreligions » Logged

"Some people think they can know the path by reading books and not have a guru, but this is not good enough--you must rely on a qualified guru." - Pabongka Rinpoche in Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand, (pg. 218).
studyreligions

With Venerable Geshe Phuntsok Gyaltsen _/\_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 01:44:39 AM »

On February 13th was the 3rd anniversary of Geshe-la Tsultim Gyeltsen's parinirvana. Here is an example of how Tsem Rinpoche increases my faith in my Gurus, such as Geshe-la. When I first took refuge in Geshe-la, I thought he was an ordinary monk, but now I have heard so many stories and experiences from others and Tsem Rinpoche that I know better now. I have had the extremely good fortune to take refuge with him, and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't know the real Dharma at all. May Geshe-la quickly return for the benefit of all beings.

"This is a picture of myself taken with the great master Most Venerable Geshe Tsultrim Gyeltsen of Gaden Shartse Monastery. Ven Geshe-la resided in Los Angeles. I lived with Geshe in the centre for around 7 years. It was one of the best times of my life. I was so blessed and fortunate to live with Geshe-la and serve him. I learned so much Dharma from him... I miss those days so much. Geshe-la has since passed away into parinirvana. He was so kind to me. Nurtured me like a father to a son. I am indebted to him forever. I love Geshe-la so much and have so much faith in him. I love you Geshe-la. Please forgive me and bless me..I will work hard to bring Dharma to many to repay your kindness..Your unworthy and pitiful student, Tsem Rinpoche."

"Some people think they can know the path by reading books and not have a guru, but this is not good enough--you must rely on a qualified guru." - Pabongka Rinpoche in Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand, (pg. 218).
wmw111
Administrator

wmw113@hotmail.com wmw111.rm
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 08:16:43 PM »

Studyreligions

Where are you based in the States?

'Fear is the absolute confusion between you and your projections'

'You are very preoccupied with getting what you want, so you will fail to see what is'

~ Chogyam Trungpa ~
Sarah

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »

I remember the first time I met Kechara is in 2010 in Kechara Paradise. At that time, I didn't even know who Rinpoche was! I just thought it's another Buddhist centre, but I was interested in Buddhism and voluntary/ community service so I joined KSK after that.

I was very fortunate that I decided to attend the Sunday classes at that time, and my mother and I was nurtured by some senior members of the centre. They are really kind people, and knowledgeable too!!! If it was not for their kindness, I probably wouldn't end up where I am now... probably give up half way haha...

If I'm not mistaken, after a few months of joining Kechara, I met Rinpoche in one of His teachings (it was my first Dharma teaching... I have not been to any Dharma talks in other centres so this is very new to me), at that time was KH 1. It was really mind blowing! I'll never forget the feeling that I had, how much wisdom Rinpoche had is as vast as the sea. From that day forward, I followed Rinpoche's teachings and watched almost all the youtube teachings that I missed.
dabeisyin

Love All As One Amitofwo

dabeisyin@hotmail.com dabeisyin smallpiggygirl
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »

Hi,
I have not met Rinpoche in person yet.  I live in California.  I have visited TDL in Long Beach, I went down to Long Beach this April and volunteered to be a ticket taker for the teachings given by the Dalai Lama.  I know about TDL because of Tsem Rinpoche.

I was really sick when I got to LA in April, but I tried to keep the volunteer schedule anyway.

I found Tsem Rinpoche's teachings on youtube.  I was sitting in the library in Alameda California and I was almost on the verge of tears thinking about someone who had hurt me really badly.  I was looking for Dharma to watch to comfort my heart and I came across this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkICMrNG78M

I love teachers that yell at me.  It is so honest and true.  Most people I have met in Dharma are so fake and try to save face by being nice even though they go behind your back and stab you in the back.

I knew when I saw this video that Rinpoche was a person I could trust, because he is so true to himself.

And I knew my anger was so bad, like a toilet.  I have tried to change a lot since then. 

All of the people I talk to on Rinpoche's staff are all totally sweet people too.

I feel like this video saved my life even.  I love it.
 But I still have a lot of anger and things to transform.
<3
terri

" When someone I have benefited and in whom I have placed great trust hurts me very badly, I will practice seeing that person as my supreme teacher. "
TT

http://dabeisyin.blogspot.com
wmw111
Administrator

wmw113@hotmail.com wmw111.rm
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 08:29:14 AM »

Hi Dabeisyin have u read the book Why I make myself unhappy? Or heard the talk before.
This talk addresses anger issues.

'Fear is the absolute confusion between you and your projections'

'You are very preoccupied with getting what you want, so you will fail to see what is'

~ Chogyam Trungpa ~
dabeisyin

Love All As One Amitofwo

dabeisyin@hotmail.com dabeisyin smallpiggygirl
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 08:59:08 AM »

Yes I saw it a long while ago.  I don't know if it was on youtube or something i bought on the old neonlama site.  My old computer has all of the things i bought on there safely on the hard drive. I have to open it up and see if it is on there.

" When someone I have benefited and in whom I have placed great trust hurts me very badly, I will practice seeing that person as my supreme teacher. "
TT

http://dabeisyin.blogspot.com
ethanhoo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 09:08:12 AM »

First time I read about Rinpoche was someone sent me a scanned copy of an article in a Chinese magazine about Rinpoche, posted on Rinpoche's website, back when I was working Sabah few years ago. From there I start to watch Rinpoche's YouTube videos and attended some pujas whenever I'm back in KL for a break.

After I'm back in KL, few months before I left Malaysia to work in Singapore. I met Rinpoche in person first time during Setrap retreat, and I was given a picture of H.H. Trijang Rinpoche. And I took refuge a few months after that during Wesak, just before I came to Singapore, one year after I become full time vegetarian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: